Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Leavenworth


This past weekend Lisa and I and another couple drove over to Leavenworth for the afternoon. It was close to 100 degrees, which is not my ideal comfort level. We had a great time looking around at all the shops. It reminded me a lot of Ketchikan, in the fact that many of the shops sold much of the same stuff. I guess marketing trinkets, "junk", is common in every tourist trap. (For those that don't know, the town is a Bavarian, German theme.) We had German "dogs" for lunch. I put too much spicy mustard on and had a couple moments of sheer panic. Good times... I doubt that Germans even eat much bratwurst. They probably just drink beer for every meal. Other than the fact that I had the insatiable urge to change my legal name to Hans Schnieberhaven, it was a great trip and I would definately go back.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brady. With Becky being in England I've been learning more about Blogging, as I post on her site as often as possible. I saw that she had you on as one of her friends and thought I'd check your Blog out. I've heard about Lisa! She looks like a real sweetheart. Your Mom and Dad sure think she is. We'd love to meet her sometime (I'm guessing we will). Congratulations on your new job at Verizon! Your Dad and you can swap notes on your new jobs. Can't believe all the Smiths are gone. How you all are missed. Well Brady, if I was 30 or so years younger, I would have been in line with Lisa (I would have had to be single too). She's getting a gem. Of course I have one of my own - Virgil. Keep up the Blogging so I can see what's happening. Greet Lisa for us and tell her we're looking forward to meeting her.

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Brady said...

Thanks Patsy. There have been so many changes in our family within the last month, it's almost too hard to keep up with it all. I've told Lisa so much about Ketchikan, I'm hoping some day we can go up there so she can meet everyone. We'll see what happens. My updates here are random at best, so check back often for the lastest and greatest. My love to you all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home