Saturday, July 08, 2006

Gettin' Hitched

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm getting married. Lisa and I got engaged on the 4th. I must say, this is the most surreal feeling I've ever experienced. (Don't get me wrong; there is no second-guessing!) This whole week has been somewhat of a whirlwind. We're planning an October wedding. It seems pretty quick, but we've been talking about little details for a couple of months and we have the full support of both sets of parents. We've tentatively booked a church and a pastor. We had a pre-screening counseling session with Pastor Jim Wright from Crossroads church who will most likely be the one performing the ceremony. We just looked at a reception hall this morning out in Issaquah. It's too small, as we know way too many people! Lisa and her mom, Rita, will be looking at a couple of places on Monday evening.
Well, we've gotta' get goin'. We're off to help Mom and Dad move in to their new place in Gig Harbor. More updates will come next week.

11 Comments:

At 11:27 AM , Blogger Derek Linder said...

Congrats my man! I am excited to be able to attend the wedding and be there for the start of your lives together. If Lisa wants the real story about you, let me know, and I'll give her the straight scoop! ;-)

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger sixwickerts said...

Congratulations from Ketchikan Brady!!

 
At 10:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it!! Ha Ha just kidding. Congratulations. We're so happy for you both, keep us up to date on all the details.

 
At 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brady, I think we smelled this coming for some time. Do you have any record of the number of miles you have driven from Salem to Kirkland? We are praying that the Lord will continue to guide you guys and bless you as you seek to follow where He is pointing. Lisa, welcome to the family. There are a whole bunch of us who can give you the real story on your man.

Our love to you both.

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger Becky said...

Congratulations, Brady, looking forward to meeting Lisa! :)

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger the Miller's said...

Brady--We check out your blog every so often (saw the link on Jeff's). Congrats on your engagment!! Stan and Angie

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Brady said...

Thank you so much everyone. Things are coming together really well. This morning at chruch we confirmed with one of our pastors to perform the ceremony. We'll go in probably next week to start marriage counseling. Lisa needs a lot of it...because she'll be living with me! Oh, to answer your question. About 13,000 miles. That's just to see her!

 
At 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen you in a long time - must be at least three years now. I'll be looking for my invite. October will be three years since I've been out of Alaska. This is a good reason to come south! Hi from Juneau (but I'm using Dave's computer in Ketchikan).

 
At 11:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brady and Lisa. We are both so happy for you. Brady you finally did it!

 
At 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Service for our new home phone and internet was hooked up today! Finally, your parents can publically congratulate you with all the others! We're grateful for you both and look forward to the good days ahead!!!!

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brady, we are very happy for you and for Lisa. Hope to meet her sometime...maybe you can come to Tucson and visit us???

God bless you both We send our love.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home